WHAT IS COUNTERFEIT & WHY IT IS WRONG
- A counterfeit product is a fake or imitation.
- They are made with the goal of tricking you into believing it is genuine product.
- Some Fall 2014 merchandise has been produced without the holographic sun logo on the sewn-in label.
- Please scan the QR code to guarantee authenticity.
- Currently UGG does not contact customers via text message regarding and we will never do so without explicit permission.
HOW COUNTERFEIT UGG® AND I HEART UGG™ PRODUCTS ARE COMMONLY ADVERTISED & SOLD
If you have shopped online for UGG® boots, shoes or accessories, you may have already been exposed to the thousands of Counterfeit UGG Websites.
- Counterfeiters advertise fake UGG products with wording such as “cheap uggs,” “discount uggs,” “uggs on sale,” etc.
- Fake sites may call themselves “ugg outlets.”
- These sites may use misspellings like “ugs,” or “uggz.”
- Some counterfeiters advertise “flash sales” to explain why their fake product is steeply discounted.
- Craig’slist, eBay, and other only auction and forum sites are also a common outlet for counterfeiters.
- Fake sites and counterfeiters often contain the UGG brand name, popular product names, or contact information in an effort to deceive.
Counterfeiters often host tables at flea markets and garage sales in hopes of duping unsuspecting customers into purchasing fake UGG products.
- These products often look very real.
- This can make it difficult to detect if an item is fake. Click here to learn more about spotting a counterfeit.
- Only visit our authorized retailers. Find local retailers near you using our Store Locator. Click here to get started.
IMPACT OF COUNTERFEITING:
Buying counterfeit product significantly impacts the global economy.
- It eliminates tens of thousands of jobs with legitimate businesses.
- Costs the economy an estimated $600 billion of revenue a year.
- They do not pay taxes.
- They do not provide fair wages or benefits to employees.
Counterfeiters are not accountable for human rights and environmental regulations.
- They do not abide by child labor laws, anti-sweatshop laws, or restricted substance laws.
- This puts workers, the environment, and you in danger, since materials used may be dangerous.
There is not one good thing about counterfeit products, and all of the harm that can come as a result drives us to fight this ongoing battle every single day.